- INDIVIDUAL Membership is available to those individuals who
work in an environment where their prime responsibility lies in the
selection, operation, repair and support of biomedical equipment in
health care institutions. Individual members may vote and hold office.
They must meet one of the following criteria:
- Associate Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or equivalent military certification.
- Associate Degree in Electronics Engineering and one year of biomedical repair experience.
- At least three years in support of biomedical equipment in a health care institution.
- Employment as Faculty, Professional Staff, and/or Administration in educational or health care institutions.
- Employment by a corporation in support of biomedical/clinical instrumentation, with at least five (5) years experience. Click Here to Sign Up!
- ASSOCIATE Membership is available to those who are employed
by an institution, corporation or other organization involved in the
health care field who do not meet the requirements for an individual
member. Associate members may not vote or hold office. Click Here to Sign Up!
- STUDENT Membership is available to those individuals not
working in the field studying disciplines pertinent to the support of
biomedical equipment. Student members may not vote or hold office. Click Here to Sign Up!
- CORPORATE Membership is available to those companies or business organizations which manufacture, sell, service, or otherwise support
medical equipment. Corporate members may not vote or hold office. Click Here to Sign Up!
- RETIREE Those persons having been a Individual member of
the VBA in good standing for at least three years, having reached the
age of 55 years and are retired from the Biomedical community. Those
persons will maintain the same rights as the Individual Membership. Click Here to Sign Up!
- HONORARY Those persons the Association may appoint who
have rendered exceptional service or have supported the ideals and
purposes of the Association. The Honorary member may not vote or hold
Virginia Biomedical Association
P.O. Box 1958
Yorktown, VA 23692-9998